Choosing a nursing home in Cincinnati is a popular way to ensure your elder is cared for and safe, but there are other options out there. Although placing a senior in a nursing home is often the first thought, many people are using in-home care giving services. Family Bridges is one of the most well known in-home care companies in the tri-state area. You can read more about our home care services here or contact us for more information.
Using a nursing home can be great for many reasons because you don’t need to worry about the upkeep and maintenance of an elders home. But there are many known negative effects when placing your elder parent or grandparent in a nursing home which are listed below:
- It’s been known that many people feel guilty placing a elder in a nursing home, especially when they don’t want to leave their home.
- It has been known that a elders moving out of their home and into a nursing home can develop depression or a feeling of helplessness.
- Nursing home care is also known to be very expensive and the national average cost stated by the book “Stages of Senior Care” is $77,380 per year which is almost $1,500 per week.
But there are some advantages to nursing homes and the most notable one is there can be a sense of community.
Nursing Home Services
There are 2 main types of services that nursing homes offer which are listed below:
- Skilled Medical Care– Service provides more professional care with treatment by a registered nurse or doctor.
- Custodial Care– This service simply involves maintenance care and assistance with daily activities.
If you are open to alternative options or have more questions about our in-home care services, feel free to contact us.